How To Use A Sheet Mask For The Best Results
BY GRACE MIN
Why Use A Sheet Mask?
Sheet masks are your fun best friends when you want to have a natural glow while fighting off dryness, aging, acne, and environmental damage. How a sheet mask does this is by hydrating the skin, which means it is providing enough water content within your cells to become plump and reflect light beautifully.
They contain great active ingredients that penetrate into the skin to achieve the full benefits; however, if used incorrectly, the sheet mask can reverse its effects and leave your skin dehydrated or irritated. One mistake is leaving the sheet mask on longer than instructed, leaving it to dry and absorb all the moisture away from your skin. So let’s go through how to properly use a sheet mask for the best results!
How to Use a Sheet Mask:
- Cleanse your face. Washing your face with a gentle cleanser will remove impurities that can get in the way of your skin absorbing all the benefits from the sheet mask.
- Toner. Using a toner helps to cleanse, hydrate, and balance the pH level of your skin barrier and preps the skin to better absorb ingredients provided by the mask.
- Apply Sheet Mask. It’s time! Gently place your sheet mask on top of your face, smoothing out any wrinkles or air bubbles. Remember, do not exceed the application time written in the instructions! When you’re ready, remove the mask and gently pat down the essence on your face.
- Moisturizer. Apply your favorite moisturizer to lock in all the goodness your skin drank up from the sheet mask. Skipping a moisturizer risks the essence being absorbed into the air, leaving your skin dry and feeling tight.
- Sunscreen. This step is for your morning routine. It is always important to protect your skin from sun damage. Dermatologists recommend a broad spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
Now go have fun with pampering your skin! If you’re looking for sheet masks to improve your skin with, here are some of our favorites:
Sheet Masks For Anti-Aging & Brightening:
Sheet Mask For Acne Treatment:
To find out more about our main ingredients, continue to Glossary: AVARELLE Ingredients List.